YOUR FAVORITE BIKE...POST IT HERE!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Your favorite bike! Post it here!

I have a collection of about 14 strong, id have to say that my favorite and the best riding bike has to be the x-53...

DSC_0044.jpg

aa23ed16.jpg

This is my current favorite. Very comfy ride, I like the paint job, the tires and it doesn't squeak. :roll:
P1180085.jpg

It is tough for me to pick a favorite since anytime another bike comes in or gets built it quickly becomes my favorite. But the one that I will never get rid of is my '55 Schwinn Spitfire. All original except the tires. Plus it stands as a reminder that there are still good people in the world. I met the previous owner on my birthday and three days later he GAVE me the bike as a present.

1054935d.jpg

3cad05a9.jpg

98417477.jpg

My cruiser collection has six bikes now: 2 Electras, 2 Dynos, 1 Nirve and 1 Torker build.
I love the Dyno Ultra Glide, especially since I added the springer forks, but my favorite is the Electra Vince 3i. It's the only bike I bought new because they are practically impossible to find used. I love the vintage look and the white and tan pinstripes add extra style! Giant 26 x 2.35 diamond tires accent the black color scheme and burly three-piece cranks give it a rugged look. The aluminum frame makes it very light and it's really fast in 3rd gear.
The only customizations are a new seat, light and bell. I want to change the light to a fatter, motorcycle-style one that will probably need an LED conversion. Vintage springer forks may be added down the line. I love riding the Vince and it turns heads everywhere I go.

Vince1.jpg

Not sure if it is my favorite but it gets ridden more than any other.

This my one and only bike, I sold my mountain bike about six months back and realized how much I missed having a bike. Not wanting to do trail riding and take something easier saw this bike and had to have it, love at first sight. Then I found this site and you guys have been great at helping me fix her up, I have a two speed hub that will go on soon along with new rims. I will post pics when it is done but this is how I found her.

bike5.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike4.jpg

Another vote for a Relic (really too many faves to narrow it down to just one, but this is the one I ride most of the time right now).
Have added a few goodies - '60s Schwinn chubbie grips, black Electra cruiser saddle, bow pedals, and an old leather motorcycle saddle bag for a tougher and more vintage look:

039-2.jpg

031-8.jpg

Hammond Eggz said:
Another vote for a Relic (really too many faves to narrow it down to just one, but this is the one I ride most of the time right now).
Have added a few goodies - '60s Schwinn chubbie grips, black Electra cruiser saddle, bow pedals, and an old leather motorcycle saddle bag for a tougher and more vintage look:

039-2.jpg

031-8.jpg
I love that saddle bag.

Yeah, pretty cool, isn't it?
Got it from another rat-rodder! 8)

smfwookie said:
socal_jack said:
65 pounds of hilarity.

65 pounds, that would explain the chainring... That's one sweet looking Rat!!! 8)

Thanks, but actually it's not geared as low as it looks, the chainring is 28t up front but 14t cog in the rear, still a beeotch on the hills as the pedal forward position isn't the best for that. Originally had a 13t out back but that was too much for hills.

Hard to say which ONE is my favorite but this one is the easiest to ride and the most comfortable. It's a 2000 Dyno Roadster. And yes, I even ride it in the rain. The handlebars are an incredible 32" wide. I don't remember where I bought them from but they steer awfully easy. I shaved the fender rivets and welded studs to the bottom sides of the fenders so the struts can still be removed. I'm going to put a phantom headlight on it, and a Mooneyes devil head 39 Ford taillight on the rear fender at some point ( which has been about 8 years in the making). It's ONE of my favorites if I had to choose the easiest and most dependable bike. O, and the license plate is a NOS Egyptian plate I found on good ole ebay. Had to have it since the colors match the bike.
DSC07808smaller.jpg
DSC07807smaller.jpg
DSC07810smaller.jpg

Back