You Make the Call! White Walls Vs. Black Walls

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aka_locojoe said:
I think it depends on the look you want. Whitewalls make it look more original and blackwalls give it a more ratrod look.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Great bike, BTW.

Bettleguise,

I gotta say, I like this bike. The colors are great, the striping is awesome, the fenders and chainguard are beautiful, and the details like the drum brake and chainguard really set it off. So my one question is, what's the deal with the seat? BTW, the black tires work great - .......

black but wonder what it would look like with some brick red tires?

jOe said:
Bettleguise,

I gotta say, I like this bike. The colors are great, the striping is awesome, the fenders and chainguard are beautiful, and the details like the drum brake and chainguard really set it off. So my one question is, what's the deal with the seat? BTW, the black tires work great - beep.

Haha, yeh dude I dunno I guess the seat is gonna be the finishing touch. You busted me, the seat on there is nasty looking. I do have the original Troxel, with the huge springs, but it hurts to ride. Thanks for compliments, that pinstripping took me days and days to do.

cman said:
Rat Rod said:
I'm just concerned about that seat...ha ha. :wink:

Yep.....Needs a Brooks B67 in BLACK. :wink:

I like the black tires too.

you mean the "S" seat ... they match the grips :mrgreen:

as far as tires I'd stick with the blackwalls, makes the tires look fatter and meaner in my opinion.
as for the seat, somthing with long springs and a wide pan would look great on there :)

like said b4, kinda goes with what your building, bike color as well as rim color in some cases. i like both wsw and bsw tires, as long as they are a good 2.125 or better. bsw tires make the bike look like more a street machine or ratrod, and wsw tires more retro or creampuff. just last night, i put 1.75 wsw tires on my 60' roadmaster (two tone black and white paint job and tons of chrome, and limited on size by clearence) removing its bsw tires for more a retro cruizer look and took the wsw tires off my 08' next lajolla and putting on a fat set of bsw 2.125 tires that came oe on my 08' point beach, giving the next a beefier, street cruiser look, like the chainguard suggests. just everytime i change tires, takes a while to get the wheels lined up perfecty in the frame and forks.

my one little rule, is that if it has white rims, it gets bsw tires, as whitewalls with white rims just don't look right to me. all personal pref, right?

Back