YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A BIKE PROBLEM WHEN...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
You get all excited over the site of nice empty bike boxes in a dumpster... :lol:

IMG_0969.jpg

Well, maybe that only excites those of us who sell bikes online. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scored 3 bike boxes that were not crushed yet and fortunately the guy who always opens the boxes with a box knife wasn't working today. :mrgreen:

Sweet, I wouldn't mind having one of those around for future dealings :mrgreen:

Would have excited me. Thats the thing I have the most trouble with is finding suitable shipping packages for the big stuff :mrgreen:

I used to get them from a bike shop I lived close to before we moved and they charged me $5 a box and put the money in the "bike mechanic lunch jar." :roll:

This place is right off the highway on my commute so I go right by it twice a day and can see the dumpster from the highway.

Thankfully they don't flatten their boxes before the throw them out. It can be a challenge finding nice boxes sometimes.

There are a couple of LBS's that I go to when I need a box. They gladly give me any that they have or will set one aside if I let them know I need one.

When your wife starts complaining she can't do laundry because your bike projects are in the way. When your wife can't get her bike out of the garage without knocking over sixteen of your bikes along the way.

LittleBlueTrike said:
When your wife can't get her bike out of the garage without knocking over sixteen of your bikes along the way.
+1...... Put very well.

Bike boxes are no problem. Most LBS around here are grateful for you to take them.

YOUBUGME2 said:
You hit up the bike section on craigslist every day. :shock:

Even when you're broke...

you need about a half hour of moving bikes and parts to get to the lawn mower.

that time can also be stretched out by finding a part you've been looking for and trying on the bike you want it on, feeling the need to run a bike you hadn't been able to get to easily up and down the drive a few times, or just daydreaming up plans just 'cause you're in amoungst all your bike junk.

yeah, just this morning.

YOUBUGME2 said:
You hit up the bike section on craigslist every day. :shock:

How about every couple of hours.... :shock: :shock:

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!

Back