WW2 Military Bike Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used bars off an early womens bike and they are close
SU1HMDA5ODUuanBn.jpg

The Nirve cruisers use bars that are pretty close

I went ahead and ordered one of those handlebars from Memory Lane along with a new Columbia light, which was on sale. I had never dealt with these people before, but order was shipped fast with low shipping cost, so a good deal there. The handlebar just looks funky, and I can't quite tell why. I thought maybe it was a little smaller diameter, but it seems to be same size as normal handlebars when I hold it up next to one. I don't have the frame it's going on yet, so the build will be while off. I'm figuring on a Worksman or similar frame, not trying to re-create the military ones, just match the style.

Looking back at this some more, the original post was here:
http://www.theliberator.be/militarybicycles.htm

So any ideas on the best saddle to duplicate what was used there?

It's hard to tell, but it looks like that was a wide saddle, wider than most of the leather saddles currently available. It's got the coil springs in the rear, so the big hairpin-saddles don't match it. I don't know but what the Townie brown saddle wouldn't be as close as anything out there. Ideas?

Latest posts

Back