Worth the effort?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Just saw this on CL, anyone think it'd be worthwhile?
dfbbc495098f45d566b5fbcdbea96fcd.jpg

http://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/5592554374.html

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Was thinking it was one of them wedge deals and then I read where it says it's one of them wedge deals. :DNeat...no idea if it's worth the effort. Those seats are worth a few if it's in good shape. Wonder if that's the factory seat for that.

"Worth" is up to you. If someone really wants it, they can sink more than it's worth to sell in a restoration. Personally, I think he's off his rocker asking $150 for a bike in that condition. I know what he's thinking: "It's rare, so good luck finding another." But that chrome is too far gone to polish out. So it would have to be replaced or rechromed. And the seat isn't incredibly rare, and I'll bet the pan is rotted like the rest of the bike.

If you're interested in an expensive project I'd offer him $50, telling him the realities of restoration cost. Or... I'd just straight pass on it. It's going to be a lot of replacement work.

Yes, it is worth the effort. Offer him $100-125 for it and grab it. $50 is too cheap, he won't sell it for that.

Anything 20 x 16 is a good bike, they are the most collectable, even in that condition. The seat and the shifter are hard to find parts, and those two might clean up fine.

You can always clean it up and replace the really bad part with newer stuff, or find things when you can at swaps or on the Classifieds here.

Go get it or I'm going to :p

Yes, it is worth the effort. Offer him $100-125 for it and grab it. $50 is too cheap, he won't sell it for that.

Anything 20 x 16 is a good bike, they are the most collectable, even in that condition. The seat and the shifter are hard to find parts, and those two might clean up fine.

You can always clean it up and replace the really bad part with newer stuff, or find things when you can at swaps or on the Classifieds here.

Go get it or I'm going to :p
You love spending other people's money, don't you? :21:

Did you get the bike? Perfect candidate for unrestored rat bike. Disassemble, service, clean and leave the patina, put it all back together as is. Oil finish and ride it.

Back