Worksman INB model UAW factory bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ratrod world, I just picked up 2 Worksman INB model bicycles that were out of a UAW factory in the Detroit, MI area. They both have name plates welded to the frames and I was wondering if these hold any historical significance or rarity or value? Either way the name plates look pretty cool. I wanted a worksman frame to begin a board track racer project and was debating about tearing these down or I should let them be and re-sell them to someone who might appreciate them. Thanks for the help, here's the craigslist link I posted about them with photos:

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/bik/3903486222.html

The name plates are something installed by the factory workers, they are probably their nicknames and help differentiate the bikes because I know some workers called preference on some.

PayForSoup said:
So the name plates don't add any value to the bike?
They add a little cool factor to it but other than that no.

Excellent bikes. I'd be all over them if they were available.

They're not exactly rare, and they're not exactly super valuable. The Custom tank plates definitely add to the cool factor like stated above. But these are both fantastic examples of worksman bikes.

If you decide to sell, let me know, i'd definitely be interested.

Edit-As far as originality goes, They appear to be mostly complete. I'm going to assume those wheels, tires and cranks came on some model years of the worksmans, because i've seen them on quite a lot. They're not as desirable as the super heavy duty wheels they also had available, but still awesome.

Back