Who repaints Raleigh Choppers?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I need to get a Raleigh Chopper fork painted to match my frame. Does anyone know a good painter with experience matching the factory colors?

TIA
-Dan

The auto paint store by my house will computer match anything you bring them and put it in an 11oz aerosol can for about $17. It isn't ppg but is close in durability. You might check paint shops around you and see if it is an option, then you can paint it yourself.

The color out of a rattle can will match, but the quality won't. I've painted that way and it's rough. Nothing beats misting on with a quality gun.

Dan, I would start at an auto paint store. They can color match it. The problem is, some places require a full pint for customs. That can get pricey. But once you have the color you can strip the fork, prime the fork, then give it to any auto body place to shoot. I'm sure for just a fork that won't charge you much.

My parents owned a body shop for 30 years, so I could easily spray it myself. If I buy materials it will cost big $$ and I'll end up with enough paint to do 3 or 4 bikes. I was hoping to find someone like Dave Ericson who does Stingrays and has the paint and the formulas all figured out. He can do a Stingray frame and chainguard and even screen the guard for what it would cost me just in paint for this fork. There must be someone out there who does this.

I have a red 69 tall frame - not sure exactly what the color is called but it looks like candy apple red.

Dan,
If you get an auto paint store to match it an put the color in a can, I am setup and can clear it with a high quality automotive clear that I already have on hand. Plus I am close to you, so no shipping.

Looking forward to linking up. - Pete

Hey Pete, thanks for the offer. I'm really looking for someone who's already set up to paint Choppers though, so I can just send it out and get it back done. Somebody out there must be doing this.

My parents owned a body shop for 30 years, and my dad still does jobs on the side, so I could certainly do it myself. I don't really have time to chase down matching paint and doing all the work.

I'll call you about linking up this week.

-Dan

Back