What year is my Western Flyer???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought an old Western Flyer and after some research I still have no idea what model, year, or if I even overpaid for it. Is there anyone that can help me out?
Paid $50.
bike1.jpg

After a bath.
bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike5.jpg

seat.jpg

headbadge.jpg

New oldstock headbadge, the old one was partially unreadable.
1344709331.jpg

Not sure why this picture is so much bigger than the others, but the last number is a zero.
right_pro.jpg

left_pro.jpg

Got alot of the rust off with steel wool, bought a chain and I was riding.

kngtmat said:
I believe if that is MOS the S would mean 1960.

what if mine has mou or muu or moo not sure
here it is. sorry its upside down. and sorry for jumping on your thread...

sn.jpg

finito.jpg

I know the other parts are not western flyer but Im pretty sure the frame is.

'MOS' was originally used in '53, but this bike is about a decade newer. The codes I have (see other WF thread) only go up to 59. The 2 in the second row of #'s may be 1962, as sometime in the 60s they started using the last # of the year. Also, both of these WF's were made by Murray (fyi for readers), one of many companies that made bikes for Western Auto. These # codes only apply to Murray made bikes, 'MO' is Murray Ohio, their full name at that time. -Adam

Thanks for the information. Do you happen to know what model it is, or possibly value. I'm new to old bikes and this is my first old bike and tank bike.

MODEL UN SURE its worth a little more than 50 bucks! more like 100 imo but that seems to me like a price for someone who knows bikes! its a cool bike to ride around for 50 bucks!

Back