What would you do with a free Vintage Schwinn Krate?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would do with a free original Schwinn Krate in C-8?

• Keep it as is

Votes: 26 100.0%
  • Upgrade the non Mint parts with NOS and keep it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Part it out and take the $2000 and buy 20 bikes to RAT OUT!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Well since the "Schwinn site" post went up I was gonna comment, but then i figured the real question had to be asked. Now I think i know which direction this poll will take, but I may be suprised. Let's see!

RIDE IT till the cords show thru the tires... then put cheapo repop tires on it and ride it some more...

oh wait... you can't get cheapo tires for them, can you? oh well... maybe cheapo rims AND tires... :mrgreen:

--rick

unless its your dream bike, i would sell it to some sentimental sucker, then you can build your one of a kind dream bike, or put it up and sell it when your kids need to go to college :D

I'd "Beat on it" Like a Red headed Step Child!

Metphorically Speaking .........( I don't Beat my Step Son )
I Let his Mom do That!

seriously,
I would Sell it for Market Value to Someone who will
Love it, and appreciate it way More than I ever would.

And Then I would take my Kids on a Holiday with The Money...
right after I Beat them! :shock:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'd probably ride it a few times, then like Clothespin said, sell it to someone who really appreciates it way more than I ever would. I like the Krates just fine, but they're not my favourite Sting-ray. My dream bikes seem to have rust and primer on them :roll:

Besides, Krates don't wear whitewalls all that well IMHO. And I NEED whitewalls :mrgreen:

-Mp

I had a Grey Ghost Krate that was a big project that needed lots of money -seat and chainguard. I got it for next to nothing and made my profit. Sold it to someone who will give it the love it needs.

Sell it and fund your bike addiction for another year.

I either fix it up and sell it, or sell it. I wouldn't be able to ride it anyway and it is not my favorite bike. From what I have seen some of those sell for you could buy a good portion of my current collection :p :lol:

Aaron 8)

Back