What the .... ??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a lot of rust, but not sure what is bondo. I'd be interested if you could point it out.
The hot pink is filler... mixxed really hot.. in the top tubes you can see it was used to shape the tube ends.
Ok having an idea how they mix and use mud lets look at rest..
The top tubes at seat.. its uncimetrical and lumpy. My era huffy again has impressive canti seat tube welds if i wanted to mold them together would take far less material then they buried it in, the tubes shouldnt bulge.

Look at the fork.. its a stock 26" could ask seller to show stamping of size if its lile my huffy.
Has a spirng sitting in a welded in brace.. look at the crown you can see they just wedged bondo between the crown bars and didnt put mutch effort in to blocking it out.

Like i said just knee jerk reaction from years of frustration trying finish others failed customs.

My biggest issue when doing them is i neeed to figure out what thwy were thinking if they were so can try suss out the rest of thier rats nest.

You have some very skilled ad talented friends... the chaun gaurd is a great example.. i wasnt talking trash about how they did it, they did do it the more "difficult" way but the results and finish prove it was the correct choice. I dont know that i would have agreed to do the work required to achive that result.
Im positive if you presented your friends with 3 photos one the orange one ebay and one stock huffy... the ebay one drops from options list.
It was a kids reasonable attempt to build a custom..
I know i bonded in cardboard gussets and tanks on a few bikes also... sure would be cool to own one i did for giggles...
But no, im sure i now know better and more effective ways to achive the desired look.

Dude your friends will buy you a 6pack for bringing them a stock to alter rather than that nightmare... i mean youd need steip rest down to even get to an idea of where the start point is.

With a girls frame and 2 top tubes built like sensor is doing on his BO and your miles ahead....

Back