What is this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seller has a load of bikes and this is the oldest looking and only one with a tank. He says there is too much paint on it to find any serial numbers. He is asking $250 for 11 bikes, but is accepting offers on the individual bikes.
Do any of you know what it is and what it would be worth?
Thanks!

7741154276_c1b1fddbe3_z.jpg

ratina said:
Huffman with very bent fork. Serial number should be on bottom bracket.

Foergive my newbness, are you saying the fork is bent and needs repair, or is "Very Bent Fork" a style of fork? I assume the former?

That fork was bent backward in some accident. (Running into a wall at speed?) The top of fork blades should follow a projection of a line drawn axially through the center of the head tube so these forks are pushed backward probably at least 6" at the front axle. Any impact feeds through the entire bike so it is possible that there is other damage to the frame although it is not readily apparent in the photo so it may be OK. The fork can be fixed but for safety's sake, if nothing else, I would be inclined to replace it. I think the tank is worth around $100 if there are no major rust issues so I would go from there considering what the bike is worth in the grand scheme of things (ballpark $100-$175 but if you like it maybe up to the asking price for the whole lot is not the end of the world) and how that price sets against the backdrop of your desire to own it. At the price he is asking for the lot, you could probably buy all eleven and sell the other ten either making a bit of profit or at least getting the one you want for next to nothing.

Back