What do you call these Bars?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these from an old guy who had them in the original plastic bag for a long time. They were never mounted. They are not original Torringtons or anything, but i thought they were cool. I believe the rounded strut is for somebody to ride on the handlebars. I was wondering if they had a special name.

2666275518_c19efb09a0.jpg

I've seen them called "curved crossbrace" bars. Usually anything with that crossbar are called crossbar or crossbrace bars.

sensor said:
cross bars (the curve im pretty sure was for a gauge pod)

I saw them being called "Columbia style" bars once. I thought it would be cool to mount two long and two short Torpedo lights on one so they would be flush at the front and taper along back.

skoda said:
sensor said:
cross bars (the curve im pretty sure was for a gauge pod)

I saw them being called "Columbia style" bars once. I thought it would be cool to mount two long and two short Torpedo lights on one so they would be flush at the front and taper along back.

that would look cool, or maybye I could mount 4 Hella 500 spotlights and I could take my bike big game hunting! :shock: :shock:

Back