"VIEW NEW POSTS" --- POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you use the "View New Posts" link?

• I do

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • I don't

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • What is it?

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My bookmark in Firefox brings me to the "View New Posts" page when I come to the forum.

Curious how many others use this feature on a regular basis.

have been using that trick since i started here. most sites i visit are done like that also.

That is the only way I view the site, To me it is the only way to stay current on organized

KZ1000 said:
That is the only way I view the site, To me it is the only way to stay current on organized
+1

I use it . I view the "view your post" page first, then I view the "active topics" page, then the "view new post" page. I would like a "view all" tab on multiple page posts. Dean

I voted "I do" but there is a stipulation....

In order.... I will check....

1. My posts - because these are the posts I am most interested in. I bypass alot of posts that I view, even some that I might have comment for, but I don't want to become too much of a troll.

2. Active posts - becuase thats where the action is. Active posts are a safe bet for finding something interesting to view, discuss, etc.

3. A thread of my choice - for whatever reason, if i'm curious, or bored, or whatever, i'll just cruise around lookin' for something different.

4. New posts - I have, on some occasions, looked into the new posts. However this is becoming rare. New posts tend to be intros, wanted/for sale types of threads. It is cool to welcome new people, and even see what people have for sale, but these are not my priorities when it comes to reading/posting.

So, do I use the "new posts" link, yes. But it's usually a last resort and dependant on how bored I am here at work or home.

deorman said:
I have once or twice, generally don't. :|
same here, i just look at my posts, reply to those, then go looking thru all the sections, that way i can sometimes dig up a dying thread that may deserve attention. :)

Back