Used to be yard art! no head badge. I.D.?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzctMjAxMjAzMTAtMTQ0MS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzgtMjAxMjAzMTAtMTQ0Mi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzktMjAxMjAzMTAtMTQ0Mi5qcGc.jpg

I found this bicycle while on a drive, was just sitting in yard with about 3 others, he had them as art awell as every thing metal you could think of. got it for 50 bucks couldnt say no. I just really like the look of it all aged and rotted. any help? thanks

The dropstand alone is worth 50$+ any day of the week so I'd say you made a good pick! My first guess would be Elgin judging by the chainring and what looks to have been a rectangular headbadge with vertical holes.

I just don't get the "yard art" thing with old bikes. Is it a nostalgia thing? Do they think an old junkie bike in their yard looks...what... cool? I'd also expect people who park old bikes in their yard to rust away should also have old tires buried half way along the sides of their driveway and painted white. :p Gary

An old bike with ivy growing over it and a planter in the basket has a kind of a cheezy but rustic charm.

"yard art" can also justify having an eternally ongoing yard sale. :mrgreen:

yeah, This bicycle along with a womens elgin, a pennent and a cresent along with a ton of sleds, tractors, pedal cars physically screwed to his house. just so many awesome peices rusting away like crazy. and this is washington so we are never short rain days, kind of a shame to see it all just sitn in water etc. buuut myself and a fellow collector managed to save all the bikes. lol the other elgin and this bike are displayed in the gallery for elgins.

Latest posts

Back