Unknown schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend found this bike at the dump can someone come up with a type and year the original color was green thanks for looking
Photo0645.jpg

If its a 24" its a murray made Sears Spyder,if its a 26" its a Sears or(j.c. Higgins sears prior to 1961) spaceliner as mentioned above.
Dating murray made sears bikes is a pain.The serial number begins with 502 I believe on murrays built/badged for sears then the rest is catalog numbers.
spyder muscle bike
1367098521_c47986a695_z.jpg

spaceliner cruiser
5905983931_5df1488216_z.jpg

I think I see a tank tab on the frame, so it probably was a spaceliner. Maybe a JC Higgins also.

The only thing is that is a 20" tire on the back a 24 would fit really well but a 26 is just to big

they made 24" spaceliner and flightliners too, i built one for my mother in law a while back though hers was the earlier style frame. It could be a Hiawatha or Western Flyer bike as they used the same frames too.

then the last question is the head badge is a schwinn badge and if there was the spaceliner tank on it it would cover up where a badge would go would someone go through the time to ad one?

bv bikes said:
then the last question is the head badge is a schwinn badge and if there was the spaceliner tank on it it would cover up where a badge would go would someone go through the time to ad one?

people usually left the batteries in the tank and they would corrode, some tanks were plastic and got broken, some people took there tank off and lost it, i am going to guess that if someone is willing to flip the fork parts like they are they're probably willing to slap a schwinn badge on it too. the frame is a murray made, not a schwinn.

bv bikes said:
my friend is kind of goofy,he adds Schwinn headbadges to everything,murrays,western flyers,even new walmart bikes he rats.Go figure.It just goes to show that people do wierd stuff lol.

Latest posts

Back