twenty bucks for the pair!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We made a 4 hour round trip to pick up these two today. I paid $20.00 for the pair. The mens bike is a Montgomery Ward Open Road and the girls is a J.C. Higgins. The Higgins frame is quite interesting with the double upper bars. If anyone can give me information regarding the age or manufacture of either of these bikes, I would appreciate it.

My two-fer $20 find
100_4687_471b4.JPG

OPEN ROAD
100_4686_28f22.JPG

J.C.HIGGINS
100_4688_3e70d.JPG

My collection....so far :)
100_4689_d69c3.JPG

papajeep said:
We made a 4 hour round trip to pick up these two today. I paid $20.00 for the pair. The mens bike is a Montgomery Ward Open Road and the girls is a J.C. Higgins. The Higgins frame is quite interesting with the double upper bars. If anyone can give me information regarding the age or manufacture of either of these bikes, I would appreciate it.

My two-fer $20 find
100_4687_471b4.JPG

OPEN ROAD
100_4686_28f22.JPG

J.C.HIGGINS
100_4688_3e70d.JPG

My collection....so far :)
100_4689_d69c3.JPG
Collection so far, dont worry it only gets worse.Ya start kicking family members out of the house to make room for bikes,the kitchen table gets a vise mounted on it....be afraid be very afraid. :lol:

Ya dad you need some white walls. lol :lol: I never said that to my dad because i was the one he made go out and clean them on his van :roll:
Nice collection

very nice score! if i would have had gas money i would have saved you that 4 hour ride!lol! you definetly need some whitewalls.the girls is murray made like mentioned above. it was also rebadged as a sears spaceliner and a ranger, and a few other names.

Back