Trussworthy-6/5 Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trussworthy-6/2--Smelly bars!

Thanks for all of the comments on the bars.I really can say that I am overly pleased at the final product.I'm working on the finishing this thing up soon.More updates later today.
-Kreep-

Kreep said:
Thanks for all of the comments on the bars.I really can say that I am overly pleased at the final product.I'm working on the finishing this thing up soon.More updates later today.
-Kreep-

Keep me in mind when you want to mass produce/sell those bars! Put me on the waiting list! :mrgreen:

Terry66 said:
Kreep said:
-Kreep-

Keep me in mind when you want to mass produce/sell those bars! Put me on the waiting list! :mrgreen:
Will do!

Well I got her on the ground using a random fork.I just wanted to see how it looked-Then the camera died.But i'm finishing the actual fork tomorrow.
For now here's the best shot I could get of the badge...after numerous tries(hence the camera dying).
001-17.jpg

-Kreep-

Update for Friday(I know it's Saturday...) Put in the bottom bracket and crank set up,a mix of Schwinn and Sugino.Got the Pedals rebuilt and converted over from 9/16 with brand new 1/2 inch axles.Went surprisingly smooth,much like everything else on this build.The bike should be done today(for the most part :wink: ) and I will get photos of the whole bike.
-Kreep-
003-15.jpg

001-18.jpg

002-15.jpg

007-8.jpg

006-10.jpg

Re: Trussworthy-6/4 Pedals & such..

On a mission today
http://youtu.be/78T0TmB6Ky8
Here's the fork.Finished welding it fri. afternoon and painted it before I left for the evening.Going to put it in the frame now.Hopefully lots of updates today and tomorrow.
-Kreep-
008-9.jpg

010-6.jpg

009-9.jpg

Re: Trussworthy-6/4 Pedals & such...Forkified.

Not the best photo,but I think the brass wing nut goes well with the unmistakably classy Perry coaster arm.
011-5.jpg

And some vintage Brooks B-72 cush for the toosh.
012-4.jpg

Whilst waiting for leather for the grips to soak up some water I decided to take one outof the stable that I build about 10 years ago and take a spin :D
013-5.jpg

I'll keep the updates coming...I can see the end and it's beautiful :mrgreen:
-Kreep-

Re: Trussworthy-6/4 Pedals & such...Forkified.

Alright!!! At last you actually get to see the bike in its entirety! -Finally got her on the ground! Minus the seat and bars.I still cant believe these monster 28x 1 1/2 wheels fit this frame.I will be riding down to the local pub tonight on this sucka.Next seat and bar install. :D
-Kreep-
014-6.jpg

015-4.jpg

016-4.jpg

Re: Trussworthy-6/4 On the ground!

someguy83 said:
Looks great, we wanna see the bars on it though.!!!!

Polishin' them up right now.Then sew the grips and I just might be close to being done.
-Kreep-

Re: Trussworthy-6/4 On the ground!

Blasting through this today,I always work better under pressure though.Got the bars and stem polished.
018-3.jpg

Started to get the grips done.Soaked the leather in water for a while.Sprayed some tack on them and grabbed the hook needle,some waxed dental floss and went to town. Surprisingly haven't ever done this before,I think they are rad.
019-2.jpg

020-2.jpg

017-3.jpg

The bike should be done very shortly :D :eek: :shock:
-Kreep-

Re: Trussworthy-6/4 On the ground!-Smelly bars griped up.

I like this one so much I already have a frame picked out for my copy and it is on the list of bikes to make.
Looking great.

Keep it coming buddy!
I cant wait to see those wicked bars on.

Alright....Went out today in the storms and got pics from around town, in between the rain.I didn't move the bars because they were pleasantly comfortable and I forgot the wrench at the shop.
I'll post up some final pics later,to tired now...So here she is.Enjoy,because I sure did!
-Kreep-
001-19.jpg

003-16.jpg

005-12.jpg

016-5.jpg

009-10.jpg

021-2.jpg

020-3.jpg

025.jpg

036.jpg

027.jpg

While riding-No handed.Rides like a dream :D And If the pictures are Sideways and all...I have no idea why.
-Kreep-

Work of art man!!
That is one tall bike!!!!
Can't wait to see the bars adjusted tomorrow.
BRAVO!!!

Thanks for posting the bar photos! You should market those things!
Wicked build!
BRAVO for finishing!
congRATs!
Hope you had fun!

g-ratter said:
I like this one so much I already have a frame picked out for my copy and it is on the list of bikes to make.
Looking great.

Bring it over! I already have 2 more frames that I plan to make.
-Kreep-

Back