Trinity Trails - Ft Worth, Tx.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The city of Ft Worth, TX, as many cities do, lies beside one of the major rivers in Texas. The Trinity River. Not surprising, a lot of things "Ft Worth" bear the name "Trinity". FW is blessed by the foresight of many of it's leaders to invest in the Arts, and People related infrastructure. A shining success is the Trinity Park and Trinity Trail System which follows the river past the city center and will in the future connect to the trails supported by the mid-cities and the city of Dallas. FW and DAL are 30 miles apart, so the trail system is an on-going project and will be for years, but all of those cities are to be commended for working toward that goal to connect the trails.

Sheryl and I live between the two major cities near DFW airport. We do not have the blessing yet to be able to ride from our home in either direction to either of the cities and the trails that they have built so far. So, we don't mind hauling our bikes 25 miles to the Trinity Trails in FW to take advantage of what they have already built. We are pretty familiar with the FW side of things, but the DAL side which Steve has mentioned many times, we have not explored.

We usually ride our hybred bikes anywhere from 12 to 25 miles on a given day on the trails. But we also have coaster brake cruiser bikes, that would offer a much slower pace and shorter distance, and we would be glad to host shorter rides if anyone is interested in hauling over to Ft Worth to join us. We also know some routes of urban exploration in quieter parts of Ft Worth that would involve street riding, a stop at a bike shop, a micro brewery tour if the time is right, and lunch if desired at some pretty good spots. PM if interested.

The following is a composite of 2 weekends, and is something like a previous ride I have posted on the same area.

trm11.jpg

trm10.jpg

trm4.jpg

trm2.jpg

trm1.jpg

trm3.jpg

trm8.jpg

trm9.jpg

trm6.jpg

On this ride, we ended up at the Front Gate of the Joint Reserve Base, formerly Carswell AFB.

trm7.jpg

Navy F18, which they fly out of the JRB, as well as F-16, F-35, C-130, and many other aircraft.
The JRB is a refuel stop for the Space Shuttle/747 when the Shuttle has to land in California and be ferried back to Florida.

trm15.jpg

Typical of what we might find on any given ride was a Tree Climb Competition amongst tree trimmer companies.
The way they can climb and function is amazing.

I know nothing about scoreing, but the crowd was cheering winners to climb to ring a bell out on a limb, and bring it back and deacivate it

trm16.jpg

trm12.jpg

trm13.jpg

trm14.jpg

I used to ride the trinity from Trail lake before Hulen st to the west side. never got old.

Back