Today's Flea Market Score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this bike today at the Hartville Flea Market (south of Akron, OH). The serial number is located on the left dropout. 5H051536. Huffy? The rear rack appears to be from the factory. The fork is solid, not tubular. It's a great riding bike. I was tooling around Kent all afternoon. Was it manufactured to be a service bike?
Todaysscore.jpg

Rack1.jpg

bluebike2.jpg

You called it, Huffy. The 5H means '65 Huffy.

That rack is wild.. I've never seen anything like that. Does it appear to have been added or are the welds factory quality?

That is too cool, kind of like some of the newer bikes at walmart with their built in racks which yours is where they got the isea from looking in their old books or something.

Those are mighty clean welds. Looks factory or a real pro welder did it. Maybe that bike was ordered that way to be used in a factory or some other industry. Gary

I may be interested in this bike if you ever decide to sell it. That is a cool find!

Where was this bike found? If memeory serves, Huffy and General Motors had a contract of some kind. I've seen one or two Silver Jets that were given away at General Motors factories, so this could have been a work bike on the General Motors line, just a thought.

I got the bike at the Hartville Flea Market in Northeast Ohio. Not much auto manufacturing nearby. That certainly doesn't mean that the bike didn't do a little traveling. Not so far from Toledo and Detroit, where the auto plants are located.
I appreciate the comments. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back