TIRE SIZE???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a bigger tire size i can put on my whizzer?? i have 26x2.125 tires on it right now but i want something bigger.. Is there such a size and where can i find them?

theres a few 26x2.35 and i believe a couple 26x3 options out there for cruisers, most of the tires bigger than what youve got are knobby mountain bike style treads. main thing is to make sure whatever you get will fit in your bike without rubbing on the frame or fork. the second thing is if you go too big the tire may rub on your chain.

Yes, Shwalabe in 26x2.35 and they come in black, brown, and cream rubber and Maxxis Hookworms in 26 x 3, but this one is modern looking. You may need to have a wheel builder dish the wheel to clear the chain.

Depending on the width of the rims you use, 2.25 to 2.3 may be the limit of interference with the chain or frame tubes.

Also note that as bicycle casings inflate to a round profile--the fatter tires are also taller as well, and can cause rubbing on the outermost (center) section with the frame or fenders too.

3" won't fit. 2.35 may fit but you may have to remove the fenders.

There's really only one way to find out... :D

Back