Tire options for Schwinn S-7 rim?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There aren't too many options out there. The reprduction schwinn westwinds are $25 bucks a pop at Memory Lane. Kenda makes a couple of different tires that will fit, $12 each from Memory Lane . I just bought a set of blackwalls and a set of whitewalls and am planning to mount some today. I will let you know how fat they are :)
http://www.memorylane-classics.com/

The tires I just bought are the same as the ones in the link Cman posted. They are made by Kenda and have a Pyramid label. 9.33 a pop looks like a good deal.

yes the 26 x 2 x 1 3/4 tires are a bit fatter and taller as well. they seem not to clear fenders all that well although early midweights seem to clear just a bit

Hey guys, the thing about Schwinn rims is the DIAMETER, not just the width. Particularly the S-7. The difference between an S-7 and any other time is often small in diameter, but it IS significant enough to eventually (or sooner) mess your tires up or throw them off. Almost any other Schwinn rim is easier to ignore with your tire choice, but S-7's require tires specifically made for that diameter. Just another way that Schwinn tried to corner the market on bikes back in the day.

Back