The new OLD man

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I have lurking, here and a few other sites, for some time now and have desided this is the place I need to be.

OK, I am old as the hills, can't hear, can't spell, but have found a love for the old bikes. It hit me when a friend wanted a bike to ride at a car show he attends. We started collecting parts for an old Western Flyer frame he had as a kid. I restored it for him, not to exacting spec's but a good looking bike none the less. While in this process I started wondering what happened to my Dad's old Western Flyer, My first bike(a 16" Western Flyer) and the old Schwinn 24" I striped down to repaint as a kid and never finished it. Well all have been located and I am collecting parts to build them up. The 16" will be restored to look as it did when I got it a age 5. Dad's will be repainted,(more on that later as I think it will fit in well here). And my old schwinn will be the rat it was when I got it in the late 50's ( it is a 49 model). I am needing lots of parts for it as the frame is all I have found.

I will try to figure out how to post pics and show off later. I already feel like I know most of you here and am happy I finely took the plunge and signed up. It didn't hardly cost me anything. :lol:

WLECOME& HELLO!Glad to have you here!You'll fit in fine. 8)
L8 EM

From one old man to another...WELCOME! 8)

Thanks to all for the welcome. I plan on getting started on the bikes as soon as better weather arrives.

Welcome! You fixing up your dad's bike made me remember that my aunt saw that I have a vintage bike addiction and mentioned "your dad's first bike is still in the garage at your grandmother's house..." I am going to have to dig that up and get to work. Again, welcome!

Latest posts

Back