THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 6/25 W/HOMEMADE REAR STAND!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 5/17 ON THE GROUND! NEW PICS

i have an idea of re-vamping the original fork concept. i don't think it's anything a grinder and a welder won't take care of!!! :D

I like the seat in this pic:

104_4542.jpg

Are you still using it?

Re: THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 5/18 W/ORIGINAL fork!

i got the original set up i had on the fork fixed today. welded the rockers to the fork to keep them from moving. works great now! this bike freakin' flies! it is comfortable too. here is a few pics with the fork.
104_4613.jpg
104_4612.jpg

don't know about the seat skullswinger. i am kinda diggin' the black one on it. who knows, might change my mind!! :)

xSKULLSWINGERx said:
I like the seat in this pic:

104_4542.jpg

Are you still using it?

Me too--what is it? (& how much will you sell it to me for? :) )

just beware..from what ive heard some of those seats have an unpleasant smell(not all....but alot of guys here whove used them said most have had an unmistakable aroma :shock: )

i got the seat from memory lane classics out of ohio. funny you mentioned the smell! it freakin' wreaked when i first got it. after being out of the box for a while it tamed down on the odor. they are pretty comfortable too. not sure, it may make it back onto this build. :) i picked it up for less than $40 with shipping. it is made by rideable replicas out of california i beleive.

Re: THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 5/19 W/HOMEMADE REAR STAND!

rear stand i bent up today. works pretty slick. check out the leather strap holding it in the up postition.
104_4617.jpg

Re: THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 5/19 W/HOMEMADE REAR STAND!

been riding the crap out of this bike! i have rode it to work all week. it is a nice ride and it is fast. it's weird, it is geared good for hills and for speed! :? hey lobsterboyx, the bars are off of a woman's schwinn. i am thinking of building a tank to go between the top bar and the two small bars and i still need to put on a number plate in the frame.

Re: THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 6/25W/HOMEMADE REAR STAND!

not much happening. did get the number plates on today. the "stain" is used motor oil. how does it look with the two on the rear? was thinking of one up front but not sure. :? still want to find a headlight for it.
104_4752.jpg
104_4753.jpg

awesome board tracker man! ....if only you could can that stain and sell it you'd make a fortune! haha! Say, since bars are one of the key elements to this style why not tell us a bit about yours?

actually if i can remember right, the bars came off of a womans schwinn. i don't think they were o.g. schwinn, i think wald? :? thanks for the compliments guys! i think i am going to paint the bottom of the forks black where i welded the rockers solid and call it done! put a headlight on it since last pic. need to post it too. i know what you mean sensor, about the stand. i racked my brain for awhile trying to figure out a way to keep it up while riding. i was looking to hold it up in the "normal" stand position until my dad came by and said why not just put it all the way up? then the leather strap idea came to mind. :D

Latest posts

Back