The Bikes that are pictured under WHAT is a RAT ROD BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to find out who owns the bike that is fourth from the bottom on the right. It has those shock forks (excuse my terminology). Or does anyone know what they are off of? I would love to put a set like that on one of my bikes.
Can anyone help a newbie?

Alrighty...let's help this brother out. :wink:

Who here knows where to get a set of forks like this?

rat17.jpg

Hooch? Budz? Kenny?

And that right there is why I am the newbie, I didnt even think other sites mike just sale them. Thanks, and at 50 dollars that isnt a bad price.
Thank you again for your help, you rock

No problemo...it's only because I've looked at all 21,000 posts that have been made since last Sept. :shock: :shock: :shock:

thanks for thinking the higgins is still cool after all this time. anyways that is a kruzer king double crown fork. avalible in either 1 " or 1 1/8" steer and black or chrome legs. and yes it is every reasonable at 49.98. remember though that if you are converting an old threaded setup you will also need a threadless headset and stem.

Karfer, That danged thing WILL ALWAYS be cool in my book.

karfer that is my favorite bike on that page, AWESOME work no matter how long ago it was. Excuse my lack of knowledge, just want to see if I am following you. All the bikes I have are older ones that require threaded forks, will the threadless ones go right into the head of the frame?

it should most older frames are 1" steer so you should be good to go. there are two 1" sizes however bmx and standard 1". most cruiser frames will use the BMX size so make sure you ask for a 1" bmx threadless headset if you are going to use these forks. HOWEVER some old frames such as some jc higgins, hawthorn, and even rollfast frames use strange sizes. not really sure what they were but it is almost 1 1/8" and on the current one i am doing the headset cups had to be turned down a mill or so to fit right. when in doubt take the frame to a good bike shop and just ask to have a threadless headset fit into the frame.

Back