Sweet deal at a car show

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my 67 Cougar ("Barncat") at the Carlisle, PA, All Ford Show this weekend and was keeping my eye out for bikes and parts, but I hadn't seen much. Making one more sweep among the vendors as they were packing up this afternoon, I found three bikes marked $25 for everything. Before I could ask a question the guy said $5 and it's yours, I said DEAL!

Got out the wrenches and managed to fit it all into the trunk and back seat. The 26 inchers is an AMF Roadmaster, the 24" and 20" are Firestones. I haven't had time to do much more than shoot a few pics, but I'm pretty stoked.

You shoulda seen the look on my wife's face

:mrgreen:

I particularly like the improvised rebar handle bars for the 20- incher.
DSCN2655dm.jpg

DSCN2656sm.jpg

DSCN2657sm.jpg

DSCN2658sm.jpg

DSCN2659sm.jpg

Thanks for asking Rick. Yeah, I tore down the 26 inch bike (first time I've evern pulled a sprocket) and have stripped the paint off, still have to sand it smooth, and I've polished the rust out of the wheels about as well as I can.
Here's a shot of the frame
DSCN2663sm.jpg

And here are the colors I'm looking at using (I may add yellow into the mix). I think what I'm going to go for is a Jimmy Buffett theme on this bike. Been thinking about how I'll use the colors to create a parrothead bike. :mrgreen: I may even find a use for one of those coconut beer bottle holders someone else posted on here the other day.
DSCN2664sm.jpg

The 24 inch bike is a Firestone 500, and I haven't decided what I'll do with it yet, but I like the graphics on the small tank and chain guard, so I might just clean it up and put it back together.
DSCN2665sm.jpg

No idea what I'll do with the 20 incher.

Back