StingRay John Deere ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Got a call today from a new customer about a burst Hot Water Heater, I was busy and almost passed it on to another Co. I finally showed up around 3 p.m. and the first thing I see in his garage is this Stingray up against the back wall, He said he was going to fix it up for his 5 year old niece, But changed his mind when I offered him some cash. I almost left without checking the Hot Water Heater. does this have anything to do with John Deere, the colors are an exact match.
stingray001.jpg

stingray002.jpg

stingray003.jpg

stingray004.jpg

What you have is a late 70's possible early 80's Sting ray 2. It should say so somewhere on the top tube. They came blue and silver, and red and not sure of the second color..When clean they go for around 2 bills on average.

its a fullsize stingray (stingray 2's had shorty frames and said II on the forks), looks to be in decent shape too, it seems ya dont find as many of the later rays around as one would think

I believe that is a Green Bay Packer paint scheme. They also made a San Francisco 49er and I think a Oakland Raider paint scheme.

Mike

Back