ORBO Step-Thru Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd guess that the knobbies are a contributing factor, they add a bunch of rolling resistance. It'd be interesting to see how they feel if you were to switch the wheels on the 2 bikes and see how things feel

I'd guess that the knobbies are a contributing factor, they add a bunch of rolling resistance. It'd be interesting to see how they feel if you were to switch the wheels on the 2 bikes and see how things feel
I might actually try that! In fact, I need to replace the rear tube on Shoestring again anyway, so maybe I could just swap out the tire while the wheel's off and throw that knobby tire on for a test. If I have the same issue with that tire on a bike that rides just fine, then I know for sure it's the tire. If not, then I either need to swap gears, or worse, examine the hub itself.

Funny thing, I had this exact same issue with the first klunker I built back in 2022. I even used the same tires at first! I tried switching to some standard cruiser tires afterwards, but the problem never went away. Though In the case of that bike, I didn't rebuild the coaster brake, so that may have been part of it.
BftD_52_hornet_111022_20.jpg

Latest posts

Back