so was anybody at this ride?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sort of torn on this one...not really sure who to side with.

I'm all for freedom for people on bikes and stuff, but if you get hundreds of people together like that in a busy city there's bound to be trouble.

I know I'd probably be ticked off if I was late getting somewhere and ended up behind them...ha ha. :lol:

I'm assuming the folks getting tickets must have run red lights or something?

Definitely interesting to watch that's for sure. :wink:

Organization, permits even a different route would solve this.I am all for bikers rights ,but a little common sense goes a long way. You can't interfere w/ traffic and disregard signals or the rest of the rules of the road. I would consider this a parade type of event that needs a permit.It would work in thier favor to have the protection of the police as opposed to being "harassed" by them. Just my 2cents. :roll:

I agree with the fact they should have chosen a better route, gotten the right permits, and maybe even followed the traffic laws better, however it looks to me like the police caused more of a traffic problem then the bikers did. I think both parties dropped the ball on this one. I understand where critical mass is coming from, but if they want to continue they need better organization. Being a public specticle does not get whatever point they are trying to get across, across. Now that they have made such a bad name for themselves, they will never be able to peacefully assemble in Atlanta again, and they only have themselves to blaim. I have relatives that live in Atlanta and have had to try and commute during some their "rides" and have told me stories of individuals purposely darting out in front of traffic and purposely riding in the middle of the street blocking traffic. I myself being one that likes to ride do not think I would have the patience for that nonsence. I would end up with new hood ornaments.

kansas city has a critical mass ride and i have chose not to participate in those. the disregard for the law is flagrant and it gives bikers a bad reputation...in my opinion. it looks like alot of fun but i dont think that portraying cyclist as irresponsible trouble-makers is a good idea nor is it a positive action on behalf of the cycling community. just my 2 pennies
fast eddie outty

Latest posts

Back