so here it goes (update: 8/15)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been doing a couple of sketches the last couple of days for my next project. ive finally narrowed it down to this one. so this upcoming weekend ill start bending some tubing and get this frame together.

sketchvp6.jpg

ill replace the downtube with chain and add a loose connection point for my rear end so it acts as a sof-tail.

wish me luck

Re: so here it goes

maddogrider said:
Thats a cool idea man. Maybe you could put a skid plate under the shock and do some sparks when you ride. That would be cool.

awesome idea. if i pull it off you get all the credit for the idea

Re: so here it goes (update: 6/12)

so things have been a bit busy around here and i havent been able to pump this thing out like originally planned. i did take a couple hours out of the other day to do as much as i possibly could and here is where i am at so far.

i took a set of forks from some cheap mountian bike in our shop and chopped and extended the forks
img00001tj7.jpg

img00006fj6.jpg

img00005ma6.jpg

img00008wo3.jpg

Re: so here it goes (update:7/31 )

slowly but surely its making its way together. sadly it should have been done already but works been in high demand. heres the latest photo.

bikedn9.jpg

ok so its been a while i dug this project out from the pile

i just cut the frame and shortened it a bit. pretty much got everything in place so its nice and low. and i mean loooow. just like a previous post where someone mentioned a skid plate, ill have it shooting sparks everywhere. all i really need is an idea for a comfortable seat because ive got a lot of bumps in my future.

IMG00564.jpg

behind it you can see im putting together the bike i posted previously for my buddy's girlfriend.

WOW, that's sick mang! yeah a skid plate with flint pegs on it...

nice curves! the arch/spacing of the downtube looks on point! cant wait to see this completed :D
this seat might be cool on there(linked below). im looking into gettin two of them but in brown for my tandem project. i think it would look cool on there but thats up to u. and they say its really comfy cuz its a hair pin saddle and it has the web springs under the seat. dont go to this ebay guy tho if u do go with it. check out michaels cycles here (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16675&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30) hes a member and has amazing prices!

the seat
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26otn%3D2

Did you abandon the rear suspension idea? the last pic you posted it appears you have it mounted solid?

How about using a air cylinder as a rear shock? Use one of the frame tubes as a "tank" and then you'll be able to plumb it and make adjustments while riding.

air it up and get some speed, then dump the air out to drop it so you can lay frame and shoot sparks, then as it slows down... air it back up and your able to pedal away. :p

cool frame btw, nice work :mrgreen:

Ratfink1962 said:
Did you abandon the rear suspension idea? the last pic you posted it appears you have it mounted solid?

How about using a air cylinder as a rear shock? Use one of the frame tubes as a "tank" and then you'll be able to plumb it and make adjustments while riding.

air it up and get some speed, then dump the air out to drop it so you can lay frame and shoot sparks, then as it slows down... air it back up and your able to pedal away. :p

cool frame btw, nice work :mrgreen:

yea, i was originally going to use an air cylinder shock, but then i thought about cutting a leaf spring in half, but then im too impatient and i just want to ride it haha
i think ill eventually add a spring on it

thesuicideride said:
nice curves! the arch/spacing of the downtube looks on point! cant wait to see this completed :D
this seat might be cool on there(linked below). im looking into gettin two of them but in brown for my tandem project. i think it would look cool on there but thats up to u. and they say its really comfy cuz its a hair pin saddle and it has the web springs under the seat. dont go to this ebay guy tho if u do go with it. check out michaels cycles here (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16675&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30) hes a member and has amazing prices!

the seat
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26otn%3D2

thanks a lot man. yea i made a jog off the tire so the chain would be spaced evenly all the way down. the seat looks comfortable. but i think i want something that looks a little more classic. plus im thinking of making one.

Back