Snob "The Nuts" ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T J

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie here.

Thought I might buy a prebuilt for my first bike.
Have the chance of a Snob "the Nuts" - can anyone tell me anything about these as I can't find any info on the net?

Details I have:
40" TWIN EXTENDING CHROME FRONT FORKS, 7 SPEED SHIMANO GEARS, 26" AND 24" WHEELS, 3.5" REAR MOTORCYCLE STYLE TYRE WITH FLAME TREAD.

Snob.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated.
TJ

Thanks Cman.

Yup from UK , have updated my profile :wink:

The bike reminds me of a Nirve Switchblade - maybee it's a cheap ripoff?

WELCOME! Nice looking bike 8), right out of the box!

T J said:
The bike reminds me of a Nirve Switchblade - maybee it's a cheap ripoff?

BOING, we have a winner. That is definitely an el-cheapo Switchblade rip-off. I'm not gonna talk about the ethical side of using pirated frame designs, check chopperbicycle.net for a BIG discussion on that point. My concern would be how good the construction is, and is everything nice and removable or all riveted/welded together, how do the frame welds look, etc, etc.

The only thing important is will you have fun riding it? If you can enjoy yourself on it, and it gets you out riding, that is all that matters. There are designs "borrowed" all the time, Even here. Do those then become cheap rip-offs? I am amazed at some of the snobishness around here as of late. Some people cannot afford to go out and buy the "original". There is no sence in trying to make them feel bad for wanting something that looks and more then likely works just like it. So on that note, keep the rubber on the road. Buck out

Thanks for replies guys :wink:

T J said:
maybee it's a cheap ripoff?

Wasn't trying to fuel a debate I know nothing about, just tring to make sure I wasn't checking out a brand with a bad rep :wink:
Interestingly tho', the guy selling it bought it last year at the same price a Switchblade goes for here.

If it rolls ok and it's cheap, that's what I'm looking for, maybee a few bolt on mods to get me going. A ground up build will be for a future project.

lurker said:
check chopperbicycle.net
BTW. (Hope it's appropriate to mention here ) I tried to sign up to CBN a last week but cannot seem to post after registration, have PM'd Admin but no response.

T J said:
Thanks for replies guys :wink:

[

lurker said:
check chopperbicycle.net
BTW. (Hope it's appropriate to mention here ) I tried to sign up to CBN a last week but cannot seem to post after registration, have PM'd Admin but no response.

Did exactly the same thing!.........No respnose!.........I stopped going back! Oh well, We're stuck here. :D

Back