SIDE CAR!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys Im building a side car for my whizzer and Im wondering what the best idea for a side car would be so if anyone wants to submit any plans even on scrap paper that'll work I just need some good fresh Ideas. I have searched the interwebz and found plenty but not exactly what Im looking for. I might pick and choose ideas from these plans that you may post up and then I'll show the final product.

Ive seen some sidecar frames made with conduit which should work if your not haulin too heavy of a "load". Maybe steal keenyp's wheel barrow idea but convert it to a side car?!? :)
I would think balance is a key issue (wheel placement)...

what style you thinkin about doing. whats it for kid,dog, ol lady????

i think this would work nice with the right bike as a trailer or side car.
kiddie_trailer.jpg

OMGOSH that is almost what I want, but my whizzer is going to look like a early teens motorcycle. I have the 1914 head light and Im building a tank that is nice a square to fit between the top and middle bar. Im putting white tires on it but im not sure what to paint the bike. Im putting the pinstriping like a early teens also. im thinking instead of having a clutch on the handle bars its going to be a lever on the side. So i want to make a side car that would match the bike

There are a number of interesting sidecars at this link:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... en&ie=UTF8

I do not believe it is in the content of the link I posted, but there was a post on one of the forums I read about making a vintage looking side car body from a barrel .

These guys had a barrel that some form of grease or other lubricant came in (Valvoline markings maybe?). It was steel (smaller than 55 gallon, but not sure what size) and painted with the company logos on it. In an effort to make it look vintage they left it outside the garge door for a period of time...and to aid in the aging process, every time they needed to "relieve" themselves they directed the stream onto the barrel. As I remember from the "after" pix it worked pretty well.

I believe Budweiser drinkers may have the best results, I heard the Beechwood is the best for this aging process. :lol:

I saw a nice-looking side-car combo at the local Classic Car and Bike show this weekend. The guy wanted 1200 euros for it :shock: but taking pictures was free. Here they are, they may help someone out:

2530955786_8cc84275fd.jpg

2530141029_e9d90ffbf2.jpg

2530142571_ae4ee0b686.jpg

Hugo

Back