shelby shockease fork???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a shelby shockease fork for the build off and am not familliar with the fork or fork parts. The pivot point on the fork is very stiff, I lubed it and worked back n forth to get some smoothe full range movement, but still just feals really stiff. Is this common? Also I'm not sure if it has the correct spring in the fork. Does anyone have a picture of the original spring?

When I first got mine it had been sitting outside for 15+ years. It didn't pivot at all. I lubed both ends and the small hole in the front center housing every day for about a week with Trilube. Then slowly started to pivot it and apply more oil. Finally got full range and the more I oiled and worked it the looser it became. Tri lube is very slick and will penetrate into the smallest of cracks.
The spring is about 4" or so. Its a square coiled spring about 3/16" thick. Heavy duty and very stiff. I'll see if I have a pic.
Johnny

Back