Seatpost Bending

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a good method to bend a seatpost? I'm trying to get a tad bit more leg room on a project that I'm working on. PLUS, I just like the look better. :)

i have mine bent at a machine shop, BUT...ya gotta have a seat post long enough for the machine to hold it, and the shop has to have the right sized die. i saw somewhere on here a manual bender that used a hydraulic floor jack, im still thinking about makin one.
fast eddie outty

Check out the "Bike How To" thread "Curved Seat Post". There are several ideas how to bend a seat post.
I personally have done it with good luck by using 5/8 solid steel rod and bending it cold, its cheap (a 3 foot piece of rod at Lowes was less than $15, you can make 3 seatpost from that) , quick ( figure your length and angle), and easy ( bent the rod with a long pipe,I use a piece about 5 foot long and something REALLY strong to hold the rod, I use a hole in my sidewalk, bend to desired angle and radius) shim as needed .
Check out the "Curved Seat Post" thread. Dangerous Dan

Latest posts

Back