Scored a Tandem.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this from my buddy who had the Flame Throwing Rat Tandem in an earlier post. It's one he built a ways back. Everything works, not all original parts..seats etc. but it looks cool (from a distance). Adequate paint job with chrome stripe tape all over it. My intention is to try to flip it on Craigslist. (With his understanding that.) This thing is a bus!

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

Yes the front sprocket is smaller than the rear. Only thing I've found wrong with it is the front wheel bearings need attention.

so are you keeping it "as is" or you will rat it a little?

guess it would make it easier to pedal for a solo rider, just didnt know if its standard equip on a tandem, spose i coulda googled it :oops: still its makin me jealous :wink:

As embarrassing as this is too say I'm trying to flip a couple bikes so I can 1. build a fixie and 2. Buy a nice full on touring bike like a Trek 520 or a Cannondale T2 But have no fear I will still be Ratting bikes. I shall do nothing to the Tandem other than clean and adjust. If no one buys it I'll decide what to do to it. The rims are mint though... no rust. Be a shame to paint them. The spokes on this thing could hold up a Harley!

CCR said:
wish i had room for one, is the smaller sprocket up front typical of tandems?

The front sproket and the rear inside match, so both riders pedals are always insinc. The outside rear one is the one going back to the rear wheel. Schwinn and some older tandems used this same side chainline setup. Newer tandems have the front chainline on the left side and the drive chainline on the rightside.

Nice Tandem, I recently purchased a Twinn Super Sport. 10spd with drop bars in the front. It was more of a touring tandem. I put some upright bars on and making more of a cruiser style eventhough it still has the skinny 27" tires.

awwww chop it and make a crazy recumbent or a really killer stretch

a few coats of paint some fatty whites and you got a limo

Trust me, I keep looking at it and wanting to flip both sets of bars... Tandem Board Tracker...

thanks cman, i was too busy starin at the bike to look at the chainline before i shot my mouth off, i see it now :)

as the saying goes "learn something new every day .... and forget somethin important"

Back