Schwinn Speedster.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lady texted me this pic today wanting me to make offer. I hate those 2 words because it usually means they have dollar signs in their eyes. Somehow rust is valuable.

Anyway the old bike was in pretty bad shape IMO. Told her I would do 20.00 and no more. To me that was being generous. Needless to say she turned up her nose at my offer and said in not so many words it was pretty valuable. OK whatever. Just wanted to talk about part of my day. Thanks for listening.
5103902d0bc447e7272a14e21335d4af.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Speedsters like that, well.... i wouldn't pay much for one, but sometimes, ppl do. They don't make'm anymore, so the prices will probably keep going up. Were they 24" wheels?

I didnt see it in person so I dont know the size. If it was a 24 I definitly didnt want. I just saw a pretty decent Typhoon on CL for 10 bucks. I have lost out on several deals here lately by people thinking what they have is rusty gold when in fact is basically scrap.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That rusty Speedster is probably built better than most bikes today. But everyone has their own prices. That would make a neat 24" muscle bike or BMX style cruiser with the camelback frame.

Latest posts

Back