Schwinn Panther "G I JOE" COMPLETE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
0421060.jpg

0421064.jpg

Beautiful brass Schwinn head badge, pulled right out of the remnant of the war aftermath.

My life is now fufilled. Rat Rod Bike Build Off 4, After a hasty venture down to the bicycle boneyard, 6 feet under, I have made the most difficult dicision of my life. A Schwinn Panther straight bar with the theme "G I JOE"

SchwinnPreWarGIJoe.jpg

The bike will be adorned with Krylon army green. Next, pick out the parts I'm going to use. A Schwinn Phantom crank with a 2 speed Bendix hub laced to original Schwinn S2 rims. Bolt on a rear rack some struts on the front and see what happens. Stay tuned. Cheers!

0421052.jpg

0421061.jpg

0421062.jpg

0421063.jpg

The G I JOE camo works well, can you see the bike?
Chain guard and rear rack almost ready. Schwinn original S2 wheels are painted in Grey with new spokes laced to a two speed kick back.

0421058.jpg

0421059.jpg

The frame is painted camo just doesn't show up very good in the shade. Stay tuned....

0421065.jpg

Finally complete, enjoy

0421067.jpg

0421066.jpg

0421068.jpg

0421069.jpg

Re: Schwinn Panther "G I JOE" new pics 5-6-09

Sweet headbadge, love the color :D

the pic of the wheels floating messed with me for a second then i saw the fishing line. cool gotta love parts pics 8)

Nice bike, BUT what about that view, you get to look at that everyday, I'm jealous, Where are you from anyway, Rick

knowing is half the battle....

Good looking bike. Those hubs are great. And boy, do those hills look familiar..Wait! I know!

thesound.jpg

'The hills are alive, with the sound of rat rods' :D

ej599 said:
Good looking bike. Those hubs are great. And boy, do those hills look familiar..Wait! I know!

thesound.jpg

'The hills are alive, with the sound of rat rods' :D

How did you know that I live in Austria and my name is Capton Von Trapp!

KZ1000 said:
Nice bike, BUT what about that view, you get to look at that everyday, I'm jealous, Where are you from anyway, Rick

Just a silly place in Western Montana. You should see my front yard!

That is definitely a Montana rat rod! Good job Captain. :lol: . That movies been on twice in the last month and my wife and kid watched it both times. It's a good movie but I'll have those songs stuck in my head for a week!

Back