Schwinn Flying Star?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine recently found a Schwinn that is a color I have never seen before. It's a womens, he looked it up and believes it's a 1956 Flying Star.

The color is like pale light green with pale lavender accents. I did see a pic of one online that is the same color combo. It looks really crazy. Like 1980s bmx freestyle colors.

Is this a common color? I would think it was only this bike and limited run only because I have never seen it before. But I have no idea.

What say ye? Thanks.

That was my first thought..."somebody worked for Schwinn, this is custom"

I know, nobody wants a post with no pictures. It's not my bike or I'd be on it.
I will try to post pics tomorrow. I just thought there might be a chance someone would know what I was talking about.

If it's the one I'm thinking of that color is called "windswept green". I've seen some really nice girls bikes with that color. They are usually deluxe bikes with one or two other colors. 50's all the way. Gary

Yes. That's what I read, "windswept green"... really interesting color. And the picture I saw of a Flying Star, that bike was really deluxe. Like a ladies Phantom.
My friend found his as only Frame & fork with truss rods. Too bad, it probably had was a killer bike. Still, nice find.

Back