Sayin' Hi!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Ohio... Found this site a week or so ago and have been checking it out and drooling. I'm smitten and can't wait to start my own rat-rod project.

I biked a lot as a kid and recently found bikes again doing the family thing and towing a trailer with my two boys. So, I'm a newbie getting back into this. I have a couple of bikes - mountain and cruiser, but now I really want to build up a rat.

Can anyone offer opinions on older Belknap bikes? I may have a bead on a local one, but don't know much about them other than I like the double-top tube classic cruiser look. Would it be silly to pay up to $100 for an older beater as a start for my project, or should I keep watching for less expensive ones or other manufacturer/models? Like I said, I'm new to this...

(I had a Spitfire as a kid and would love to find one of those cheap...)

Thanks for any replies!

Triggerfish

WELCOME! Belknap???...........Just because he wants $100, doesn't mean he won't take less!........Is it "silly" to pay $100, some of us have done worse. :oops:

Back