Saturday experiment

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A friend came over with some square tubing a bmx donor bike and some wheels from an old jogging stroller. He asked if we could build a recumbant trike with it. So this is what we did. He wantas to put a seat on it and ride it as is for a while then build a nice one with the same geometry. It is actually really fun.

IMG_2475.jpg

i can stop watching that clip it looks like alot of fun.....how comfy is it with no seat ???????

Von Stans said:
i can stop watching that clip it looks like alot of fun.....how comfy is it with no seat ???????

Yeah..., that will be the first improvement. It actually wasn't too bad for just going up and down the street a couple of times.

Haha thats a rad ummmmm I have no clue on what to call it....... :) .....Really is trick looking.......Looks hella fun too.....Awesome work......

WOW!!

Yep, gonna hafta break out the welder and find some unsuspecting victims :mrgreen:

just trowing this out there but a big old tractor seat would look awsome on that........

in the mental file for a future project. i have a green machine i tried something like that with but couldn't figure out the back end. i'd look for maybe a seat off a thrift store rowing machine or recumbent exercise bike.

one thing that made me keep looking and was kinda a funny coincidence. in the background noise a plane or motorcycle or something is going by, then the bike comes into view.

i would love to see some more photo's and a longer video that 2 second clip is not long enough........

i think you are going to start a new trend with that sweet machine

Very cool and really creative! I'm just wondering if the trail should be set up like a normal bike, or does it change because you're basically riding on top of the "fork"? Too cool. I think it would be a blast to build one of these.

I'm not real sure about the trail thing. Right now, the head tube point almost straight at the center where the front wheel meets pavement. If we ever decide to build a nice one, I would like to try having it point slightly behind that point to help it steer faster.

As for pictures, I haven't seen it since my friend took it home. He says he made a seat for it, and was going to try and add a five speed wheel and 66 tooth front sprocket. It will be fun to ride again if he ever finishes it.

Latest posts

Back