Rusty Firestone?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was talking to someone that remembered a house (real close to mine) that had the whole yard covered in bikes. He said its been like 20+ years since he remembers seeing it. Its not a very big road so i figured so i figured id walk it and keep an eye out. I saw through a fence a bike stand and figured id knock on the door. Turns out the city made him do something with the bikes a long time ago. So he had like 100 bikes crammed in the house garage and shed. He has been working on bikes for like 60+ years. Picked this up for $5 and he told me to get it apart and come back and we will teach me to build new wheels and will go through stuff to get any other parts i need.

Guessing its a firestone but not sure. The tires say firestone and there is a F logo on the front but not sure if someone just put it there.

fire2-1.jpg

fire1-1.jpg

kngtmat said:
I believe it's Snyder built, I have the same bike but mine was a tankless bike.

Yep. I have a chrome framed version. Yours has the angular chainguard that came out in '63, mine has the older style. -Adam
adamtinkererscollection010.jpg

Thanks. unfortunately the bike was to far gone. I was able to save chain guard, sprocket, Forks, handlebars and rear hub. Unfortunately it got water in it and froze over winter.

Back