Royce Union & Albright Superbb (Fleamarket finds)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to a flea market today, lots of old bikes. The first one I got is a Royce Union, I'm unsure of the year. It's at least a 1954, but I know little information about it (HELP ME!!!). :wink: I got it as is. It really needs a wash, bad!

fleamarketfind18.jpg

fleamarketfind19.jpg

fleamarketfind21.jpg

fleamarketfind20.jpg

Sturmey Archer 3 speed! Works great.
fleamarketfind17.jpg

This bike was made in Holland, The Netherlands.
fleamarketfind16.jpg

There are tons of little decals on it.
fleamarketfind15.jpg

Shifting cable pulley.
fleamarketfind14.jpg

fleamarketfind13.jpg

Nice sprocket.
fleamarketfind12.jpg

Cool headbadge.
fleamarketfind11.jpg

It should clean up great, I'll post pictures when I'm done! :mrgreen:

My second find of the day is an Albright Superbb. I've never heard of it before.. I have found little information about it. The coaster brake says, "PERRY". It is in excellent condition. The seat needs to go though. :wink:

fleamarketfind1.jpg

fleamarketfind2.jpg

fleamarketfind3.jpg

fleamarketfind4.jpg

fleamarketfind5.jpg

fleamarketfind6.jpg

fleamarketfind7.jpg

fleamarketfind8.jpg

Albrights Superb, at playland park, I thought this was kind of interesting. Playland Park?
fleamarketfind9.jpg

fleamarketfind10.jpg

Good day, good day. 8)

Re: Royce Union & Albright Superb (Fleamarket finds)

Whoa, somethings up with this. Amusement park giveaway?

fleamarketfind9.jpg

Thats really strange ...In the 60's we had a place here called Playland Park . The woman killed her husband and one of our top notch lawyers got her off and was suppose to get everything she owned for doing it ...but she didnt give him Playland Park . He never got over not getting the park. :lol:

Seem's as though "Playland" may have been an early franchise! Personally I remember the one in Frisco, and was surprised to see others from around the country were familiar w/same in their area's! Good posibility on the promo. give away. 8) Later & PEACE!!! :mrgreen:

i have one of those albrights bikes to. my dad got it at the flea market. we talked the guy down by showing him my last name is albright to. mine is all dark gray girls bike. the only info i have found is that they were used at that park to get around. i wonder if there is a males version? if you find out anything else about it please share with me if its no problem.thanks buddy.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Bits, that is awesome!! I didn't know they were used to get around the park. It's cool to meet someone with the same bike, it's even more cool you got a discount because your last name is Albright lol. You know as much as I do, if I find any information I will share it with you too. :D They are great riding bikes, it's weird because mine rides soooooo extremely smoooooth. Almost like it came off the showroom floor.

mines all aoriginal, i aired the tires up and away it goes. just like you said, its a very smooth ride. ill share anything i find out to!

Back