Ross Apollo beater

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Went to the LBS for a seatpost for one beater, and came home with another. WHen the guy took me in the back room to see what used junk he had around for me, he poked at a dusty Ross Apollo leaning against the wall. He noticed the seatpost was too thick and continued searching, but I was intrigued... It looked like a complete bike except for the wheels. I asked him what he wanted for it, and we agreed on 20 bucks. I had to change the stem, as the one in there looked like a long road bike stem and didn't fit right... I couldn't get it in to the minimum insertion line and the wedge bolt was jammed in there pretty good. Near as I can figure, the frame, crank, and bars may be original, but the paint on the forks doesn't quite match and who knows where that God-awful wicker-look seat came from. Don't get me wrong, I love the seat BECAUSE it's tacky. I bolted up a spare stem and some wheels off a yard-sale Huffy and I was off...

apollo01.jpg

apollo02.jpg

I have come to the conclusion that Apollos look really naked without fenders, and the skinny little tires on this one make it worse...

--rick

Latest posts

Back