Roadmaster Cleveland Welding Co.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to check out a old Roadmaster 2morrow supposedly it a Pre-War skip a tooth, its missing a chain and one of the strut fork supports. The strut feeds through and eyelet that is casted and isn't broken, just someone took the strut off and the chain. I guess its kinda rusty but if anyone can ell me anything just from this post let me know i will get some pics 2morrow and post them up.

Re: Chicago Machine Roadmaster

deven_science said:
Definitely will need pics.

Here are the pics, its a Cleveland Welding Co. Roadmaster, its in descent shape there is a small crack or spit on top of the chainstay right side. That could be ficed pretty easy, the frame paint is mostly gone you can see the braze or electrowelds that look like brazes and the dropout look like the crimp spot weld type. Guy is asking 100 bucks for it, it a skip a tooth but missing the chain. here are the pics and i have the serial # if that helps. 845168 it might start with a B and has a 6 off to the side of the bottom bracket.

roadmaster3.jpg

roadmaster.jpg

roadmster2.jpg

The bike is a 1937 Roadmaster Double-Bar Roadster. This is the second version of this frame and it wasn’t until the third version that came toward the end of 1937 that the top tubes were spaced further apart to enjoy the company of a built factory tank. The front fender is not original to the bike but it looks like the rest of what is present is likely original or original-ish to the bike. I think what is there is worth about $100 or at least you could get back out of it without a monetary loss if you decided to flip it…but just. A stock build would take some time and money to perform but a nice (not exceptional) original just sold in the $700 region so that gives an idea about perceived values at that end of the spectrum. They are also popular bases for Custom and Rat builds and are nicely and strongly built frames with about an average size driving compartment.

rms37 said:
The bike is a 1937 Roadmaster Double-Bar Roadster. This is the second version of this frame and it wasn’t until the third version that came toward the end of 1937 that the top tubes were spaced further apart to enjoy the company of a built factory tank. The front fender is not original to the bike but it looks like the rest of what is present is likely original or original-ish to the bike. I think what is there is worth about $100 or at least you could get back out of it without a monetary loss if you decided to flip it…but just. A stock build would take some time and money to perform but a nice (not exceptional) original just sold in the $700 region so that gives an idea about perceived values at that end of the spectrum. They are also popular bases for Custom and Rat builds and are nicely and strongly built frames with about an average size driving compartment.

Thanks, i just might pick it up this weekend. Might make it into a mountain bike clunker maybe not sure yet.

If you buy it I could use the the other "fork strut support" on the bike..... :D

Latest posts

Back