RMS37 Intro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’ve been a CABE member for a couple of years and decided to follow the interest to this site.

I live in the Seattle area and have been collecting bicycles for 25+ years. I have a little bit of everything in my collection but my primary interest is prewar balloon. My focus for the last few years has been prewar Cleveland Welding Company bicycles and I have been putting together a data base for CWC serial numbers.

Over the years most of my riders have been what could loosely be considered Ratrods, mostly in the “Barnfind turned cruiser” mode. I’ve also built some Hotrods though most haven’t survived. My current Hot/Rat fleet includes a 58 JCH Ratrod and a 1939 Merc Hotrod. If I get my CWC homework done maybe I’ll be able to enter a build-off at some point.

My more nefarious reason for appearing on this site is to clean out some of my overage. A half-life of collecting has generated a large pile of stuff that doesn’t have a future in my collection. I’ll be listing some of this stuff in the classifieds.

Thanks,
Phil Marshall
RoadMasterSupreme1937

Welcome to the site. Everyone give this fellow a warm welcome, he's a heck of a guy and helped me out with I.D.ing my Elgin.

WELCOME!

all right, more washington ratters. welcome, i am in Bothell, were getting enough to start a club.

Outlaw 8)

Thanks for the welcome. I’m planning on being in Centralia this Saturday for the Motorcycle/Bike swap so perhaps I’ll see BrigmasterA and Outlaw there?

I’ll post a list later tonight of some of the stuff that is going to Centralia this weekend in case anyone is interested in heading something off.

Here is a slightly altered image of my Hot Rod Merc taken last fall.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3194/2717117675_71fcbfd6e4.jpg

rms37 said:
Thanks for the welcome. I’m planning on being in Centralia this Saturday for the Motorcycle/Bike swap so perhaps I’ll see BrigmasterA and Outlaw there?
There's a swapmeet here on saturday? Where? When? I wanna be there!

Here's the info I have on upcoming Pacific NW events:

Centralia WA, August 2nd and 3rd, two days, Vintage/Antique Motorcycle Bicycle Swap Meet and Show, overnight camping, beer garden, live music, held at the Centralia Moose Lodge, 1400 Grand AV, shaping up to be a big one!! Contact Rick 253-826-0252 for details.

Tacoma/Spanaway WA, August 30th, Harold LeMay really big annual open house, lots of cars (thousands), bicycles, motorcycles, etc...Last year had over 80 vintage bicycles entered in the judged concours event; contact Ron Summer 206-364-0922 for details.

Portland OR/Vancouver WA, Sept 6th, Allan Shurman's Annual Iron Ranch Old Bicycle Swap Meet and Whizz In.

And, this just in:

Bike build-off show, awards and swap
Goldie's airport way
3824 airport way Seattle WA
# 206-622-1119

September 7th 2008
9:00am set up
Open's @ 10:00am

Show and shine set up before noon, showing start's at 2:00pm

Bicycle build off team [must have bikes done and in show area before 12:00pm, Judging will start after 3:00pm but all who is at this event will be judging all the bikes in show, Final award will be at 5:00pm band play all day

BBQ all day
Booth space $10:00
Prizes and award's given out by Renegade Muscle Calendar Girl's

Info @
[email protected]

Meanwhile, I just got home after dragging frames out for Saturday; it's too dark for photos now so I'll post on them tomorrow night.

hopefully i'll be a goldies on sept 7, putting in my rat Black Wicked an my b/t Superbe, hope to see ya there.

Outlaw 8)

Back