Ratty jet bike. DONE 1/20

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ratty jet bike. Which Bars?? *pics* 1/13

junknutz1975 said:
killer bike! did you try the second bars flipped too ?
man i cant wait for spring! :mrgreen:

Ya know, I am not a big fan of flipped bars. The biggest thing for me with any build is how well it rides. With the seat down and the bars flipped, it is a pain in the butt to ride...but it looks cool that way.

Peat....I have been looking at black leather streamers.

I think I like the second set of bars best, but I have a fatty cruiser with regular bars and I have Grumpy with drag bars, so I think this one keeps the apes for now. I think I'll leave the standard bars attached to the Huffman stem and then when I want to swap them, I just pull the bars/stem and put the other set on.

Still need to find a light for it....two weeks till the Indy show and entering it in the rat bike category.

I'm digging the apes myself. any other time I would usually go for something normal looking, but when Im looking at grumpy. the MP bike and this one ... I want this one to keep the apes :)

Oh man, this is SWEET! 8) 8) Apes are the way to go! :wink: This is definitely a bike I wouldn't mind owning :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Alright, so apes it is. I have a better stem on the way, so once that gets here, I'll mount up the bars. Going with some black leather streamers (Thanks Peat!).

I pulled the rear wheel tonight. It wasn't rolling as smooth as I would like. Going to clean the bearings and the cups a little better. Also may need to replace a bearing or two.

I found a light for it, but it isnt what I want....but it will do for now. It has nice patina/chrome. I am in the process of grinding/drilling the bracket...I'll try to post pics tomorrow night of the progress. One week and three days till the Indy show. Hopefully this beast will do well in the rat class.

Took the rear hub apart, cleaned it up a little better. It rolls as smooth as butter! I also went ahead and mounted the light that I had. I would still prefer a nice cardinal Roadmaster light, but this is what I have. Anyway, it is DONE and heading to the Hoosier show next week and entering in the RAT class.

I put a driveway photo shoot in the gallery section.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67936

That's a wrap!

Terry66 said:
wfhr15.jpg

Looks like your wicked bike is an inspiration to us all.

rrbbuildoff8shirtpanels.jpg

Back