RatDecó **DONE, NEW PICS**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cylindrical fork "crown" is pretty much a signature Raleigh feature. I suppose others might have had them, I don't know that much about old world bikes, especially really old ones.

Good point. Never thought of that. I have a superbe that has a similar cylindrical fork.

Thanks for the good vibes gents!
There´s a big chance that this frame is a Raleigh.
I´ll run into the garage as soon as I´m off work, to copy that serial number, maybe that will throw some light into the brand issue.
A friend of mine may enlight me on this, only problem is a 3 mile ride under the heavy storm hitting this area. :?

Boogieman: Glad you like it :wink: I´ve been tempted to buy a compressor, but that would mean to lose at least two bikes cause I have no more room left in the garage. Plus I´m getting married next year and we´re still looking for a place to live, dunno if I´ll get a roomy house or an apartment so...

Plan-B: I´m honored to Inspire you!!! I have had an still have similar bikes, cruisers, but this one is by far the most comfortable and enjoyable to ride of them all. Your wife will love it, so get to it :wink:

Gdcast said:
Been thinking about re-doing the skirt guard cause I´ve been looking to buy a new one but they´re not available in here, so I need pics and some advice on how to do it... 8)
Hey Gdcast...Here are some pics I got from another forum member:

SkirtGuardRRB.jpg

SkirtGuardIIRRB.jpg

SkirtGuardIIIRRB.jpg

A fancy way to do it would be to use a pair of these:

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

I hope this helps!

Wow, that's cool!!! I´ll show it to Mom and ask her what she thinks about it. Thanks Bikeriderx!! :D

SERIAL NUMBER: AC95453, any clues?

Well, Light is on!!! New leds shining, check it out:

Nice job on bringing a vintage frame up to date.
And wow, that skirt guard! I've never seen it done like that before.

On the bikes maker. I found this picture on ebay.
xo9r4c

And whilst it was the guy in the kilt that caught my attention. I realized the frame looked familiar. The length of the head tube is shorter though. Shame it isn't detailed enough to see the fork crown. I'm afraid I know nothing about Cooper Cycles so can't shed anymore light on it.

Cheers Jonnie

Thanks my friend!!!!
And many thanks for all the inspiration and tips Galtbacken!!!

My Dad got a little bit jealous about this build to Mom, so next project is a bike for him. keep your eyes open for it!!! :wink:

Back