Ratatwouie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My camera is presently out of town with the wife and I will post a pic as soon as I get it back. Im starting out with a faded red Huffy Daisy tandem that I belive was made in 1973. Tires and tubes are shot, both crank arms are bent, pedals are junk, and the chainguard resembles Lombard Street in San Francisco. Chrome on the rims is cleanable but I dont know about polishing the spokes out. Fenders and handlebars will also be able to clean up. Seats are original but faded from the sun. It was posted as free on Craigslist here in Denver but I had $8.00 on me at the time so I did give the guy something for it. I plan to strip it, paint it Rustoleum Flat Black, replace tires, tubes, crankarms, pedals, and seats maybe, add chrome truss rods and an old style rear rack and who knows what else. It partially disassembled right now and will show that way in the pics. I had to do this in order to get it down a flight of stairs into my basement.

Yes, because its a tandem and we are both fans of the movie. My wife gets home with the camera on sunday and I will get some pics then. Who knows, maybe we can get some decals from the movie to add a theme to it, we'll see.

Well Im out of this one, The wife put up a big red flag to this project. It went to rat daddy for $10.00 so I broke even and he will rebuild it. Good Luck to everyone.

Back