Question about a Ross

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found an old Ross Girls bike in my Fathers barn. Does anyone have any clue as to about how old this bike is? It's a Ross Eurotour with a tempered Lug frame. I have the front tire as well, can you believe they both hold air? it just is not in this pic. Here is the pic.

IMG_0271.jpg

thats the same bike as my BBO2 bike, all the same decals cept mine said "Central Park", i know it was made in late 70's / early 80's but it had all the same parts im seein in your pic. i think mine was a ?77? if i remember right

100_2033.jpg

velouria.jpg

Holy smokes yours looks sweet! I threw some peddles and a 20 inch tire on mine just to see if it would ride. It rides VERY nice, I like how it feels. The more I look at it though, I think I like how the rusty handlebars and rear fender looks with the brown paint. I may leave it that way. Either way I feel lucky I got it for free! Edit: after cleaning up the ross, the paint is PERFECT! The Handlebars are very rusty and steel wool only took a chunk of the rust off so if I don't keep the rust it will have to be ground down and painted. I have all the time in the world to think about what I want to do so I'm not going to sweat it.

check the rear hub for a date, if its a Sturmey Archer 3 speed it should be on there. Probably around '72-ish...

My wife had a Ross 10-speed with stickers like that when we met in 1987. I think it was also a Eurotour. I'm guessing she got it new in 1981 or so when she was maybe 12... she of course has no idea, and the bike is looooong gone

--rick

Well I got her all put together and was excited to go on a maiden voyage, got about 2 houses down and the chain snapped. :cry: After further evaluation, that chain is toast, so I will get another one soon, but in the mean time I'm too worried about the rising flood waters getting closer to my front door to worry about a bike. Any-hoo heres a pic of her all put together. One quick question though, I've mostly fixed and repaired smaller bikes, how do I go about sizing up the chain for this? I have about 5 or 6 bmx chains around, but they are too small for this bike. Would a chain off of an old ten speed work, or would it not because this is a single speed?
IMG_0275.jpg

10 speed chain wont work. BMX chain with an added piece should....walmart has cheap chain tools cheap :mrgreen:

Thanks, I am going there for dogfood later anyway, I'll check it out. :oops: I think this is the first time I have ever not had an extra chain. Would figure that it is my bike, and not one I'm fixing up for a kid!

Latest posts

Back