Project B-List Celebrity

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, after posting a bit in the INTROS and FRESH FINDS, I decided it's time to make this official! :mrgreen: lol
PROJECT B-LIST CELEBRITY is underway!!!!

So for those of you who don't know, I got my first bike a few weeks ago from a yard sale for $50
Through research I found out it's a 1954 Scwhinn Hollywood...and then the fun began... :lol:

Here it is when I got it:
mypictures005.jpg

mypictures003.jpg

mypictures006.jpg

I actually work at a Kustom Off road shop and my boss had basically everything I need to make her shine for her red carpet debut. ;)
So I did some polishing and one of the mechanic had some bars for me from his Schwinn trike.
mypictures008.jpg

Since then....
I have polished all the chrome
Ordered some new grips and valve caps (yeah they got stars on them) 8)
We took apart the coaster brake cause it wasn't really braking...but it works now! It was just a little greasy....
I also sent my seat to this guy who does upholstery for hot rods and stuff :D Im gonna pick it up tomorrow! It's black and pink sparkly vinyl :p

And now Im about to start PHASE II PAINT!!! :D We are gonna do the classic rat rod flat black with pink pinstripes.

I'll probably be updating this thread every week with pics of all my new goodies!
OH! I want a basket...does anyone know how to get a flat black one?

Cool frame you got there, and I like that rear reflector (or what the word for it is...)! It'll be fun to see the progress of this build and what you'll end up with. Sounds like it's going to be mighty fine! :D And yepp, flat black and pink is classic rat rod...just kidding! :lol:

buy a cup holder?!?!? thats what flat stock is for :wink:
did you ever get the link with the tank/price/picture i sent? if so im gonna delete the pictures from my photobucket(im sure its getting full by now)

sensor said:
did you ever get the link with the tank/price/picture i sent? if so im gonna delete the pictures from my photobucket(im sure its getting full by now)

I did, but I think Im gonna pass on this one...thank you though I totally appreciate the thought. :D

Oh and not to sound dumb (but I am super new to all this...) what's flat stock? :oops:

dirtydoll250 said:
sensor said:

I did, but I think Im gonna pass on this one...thank you though I totally appreciate the thought. :D

Oh and not to sound dumb (but I am super new to all this...) what's flat stock? :oops:

Flat stock= Piece of flat steel or aluminum.

benz said:
dirtydoll250 said:
sensor said:

Flat stock= Piece of flat steel or aluminum.

Thanks! :D

So my seat is DONE! :mrgreen: I think im gonna go pick it up today...
I'll def get some pics up...pink sparkly vinyl, yeeaaahhhh!!! 8)

I'M stoked that your stoked ! i like what you started with good stock cant wait to see the finished product !

welcome to the site thats out of sight ! 8)

I got my seat back! :mrgreen: Lovin' it!!!! Yeeaaahhh pink glitter vinyl :wink:
I also scored a cup holder and new pedals (who knew Kmart had decent cruiser accessories) lol
Anyways, Hopefully this weeked I can start strippin her (very typical of a celebrity) :lol: and the PAINT!!!! :p
Check it...(sorry the pics aren't the best)
mypictures011.jpg

mypictures012.jpg

With the seat on and cupholder 8)
mypictures015.jpg

mypictures019.jpg

I can't wait till she's done...my new ETA is the 4th, but that's pretty soon I think... :shock:

Oh! And would anyone know where I could get some white walls for her?
The guy at the bike shop said I couldn't get a white wall front cause it's a weird size. But I think it's the wrong tire on it???
Any help would be great! :?

probably a stock schwinn s7 wheel up front(26x1 3/4") most of the new tires that size are 26x1.75.....(just look on the sidewall for the size...if its in fractions you need one for an s7...if its with a decimal you can get those at most bike shops)
try these...
http://www.memorylane-classics.com/ (under bike parts/tires)
http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_inf ... b1fbbd2690
http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_inf ... b1fbbd2690
or post a want add in the classifieds(most on here have stuff they dont need even if they dont post it for sale :wink: )
good luck

hey taildrag did you say windsnor ? ever heard of a guy named steve castelli ? 8)

Back