Prewar Colson and mystery bike...need info HELP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this blue colson, missing the seat post, crank,neck,and bars... Looking for these if anyone has them...also What year is this thing? how do I tell?
6910_12.jpg

6bd5_12.jpg

6d89_12.jpg

6ff6_12.jpg

I bought this bike as well, missing the light neck and bars and I dont think it has its original crank, have no idea what it is but the fenders say colson to me.. What is it, its missing its headbadge.. .. anyone have any of the parts missing on this bike they wanna get rid of as well???
f394_12.jpg

f4d0_12.jpg

f67f_12.jpg

f844_12.jpg

fa49_12.jpg

fb91_12.jpg

fccb_12.jpg

fe91_12.jpg

Blue one is probably a 35 or 36 - the other is probably prewar since it has the dropstand ears on the back. Both are really nice bikes, two of my top five all time favorite designs. All I can say is leave that original paint and let me know if you want to sell either (or trade).

What headbadge does the blue one have?

Nice scores man!

I am going to clean and polish up the original paint on both of these.. if I ever decide to sell I'll put em in the classifieds here.. heck I dont even know what they are worth. I'll get in the attic and take a pic of the head badge tomarow...thanks.

The second looks like a colson built super cruiser (also sold by Firestone) missing the tank and "spreadlight".

Ooooh I know what you got. They are both bikes of the COOL variety, probably built sometime during the SWEET era. :lol: Nice finds. :mrgreen:

Back